Girl Rabbit Names
June 24, 2021
Once you carry a rabbit into your life, you need to think about a name. You cannot just call her “rabbit” for the rest of her life.
When it comes to naming your bunny, it may seem typical to look for names that evoke how delicate and fluffy they are. There are lots of other unique places to look for inspiration for your new rabbit’s name that can truly express their personality.
There are no limitations on girl rabbit names, aside from your imagination.
You could pick a name inspired by pop culture. You could choose an international name with a deep meaning or a name with spiritual connections. You could pull inspiration from nature. Alternatively, you may wish to be silly and give your rabbit a fun name.
The most significant thing is that you choose a name that fills your rabbit. Once you’ve spent time with her, you’ll recognize if this is the case. From there, choose a notable and unique moniker.
Skip to section
- What Makes a Good Name for a Doe?
- The Test of Time
- Most Popular Female Rabbit Names
- Female Rabbit Names Based on Behavior
- Cute Female Rabbit Names Spurred by Religion and Mythology
- Girl Rabbit Names from Foreign Languages
- Rabbit Names for a Girl Inspired by Pop Culture
- Female Rabbit Names Inspired by Famous People
- Names for Female Rabbits Based on Appearance
- Female Rabbit Names Inspired by Nature
- Pair of Female Rabbit Names
- Cute and Silly Girl Rabbit Names
- How to Teach a Rabbit Her Name
- Fun Facts About Female Rabbits
- Final Thoughts
What Makes a Good Name for a Doe?
There is no shortage of charming female rabbit names. When deciding a name for your lady rabbit, you can be as unique as you want to. Few things are more gratifying than thinking up a clever pet name. Try to follow these guidelines for maximum result:
- Long names may require to be shortened to a nickname.
- Don’t choose a name that rhymes with a command (i.e., “stop” or “jump”).
- Use a name with stimulating sounds, like a K, an S, and a Ch. Rollable Ls and Rs are also excellent.
- Avoid profanity or obscene words.
Choose a name that you like and that suits your rabbit. Funny names are nice but you have to be mindful as you’ll have to use them in front of other people.
The Test of Time
Though bunnies won’t mind what you call them, you’ll be using their name for years to come. So, it is essential to pick a name you won’t get tired of.
For instance, when you’re young you might consider a certain name to be great. But when you get older it either becomes ridiculous, childish, or even embarrassing.
One name that may come into your mind is from HBO’s television series, Game of Thrones. When he’s a boy, Rickon Stark names his direwolf “ShaggyDog.” When he got older, the name was much less likable and appealing to him.
As you can see, the most desirable name for your bunny is one that you will continue to embrace for life. We hope this article will help you in your effort to find that name.
Most Popular Female Rabbit Names
Some names are famous for a reason. These names will not be unprecedented, but they will always suit a rabbit. The ten most popular female rabbit names are:
- Willow. Willow trees are strong and sturdy, and wonderful to look at.
- Peaches. Peaches are sweet, and this is an adorable name. You can stretch it to Peach Pie.
- Sprinkles. A liberal appliance of sprinkles polishes any cake. This name is celebrated with kids.
- Sunny. Your rabbit will become the little ray of sunshine in your life.
- Bon Bon. Your rabbit likely has a sweet tooth, so why not name her after a famous candy?
- Maggie. This name was adopted from the Latin for pearl. Your rabbit is absolutely a precious jewel.
- Snowy. This name is excellent for white rabbits in particular.
- Lilly. The Lilly flower signifies innocence and beauty.
- Flower. Just like rabbits, flowers are nature’s process of making us smile.
- Sugar. Sugar is certainly sweet, and so is your rabbit.
If you prefer one of these names, your rabbit is sure to like it. Thousands of rabbit owners around the world cannot be mistaken.
Female Rabbit Names Based on Behavior
In the Disney cartoon Bambi, Thumper had a manner of thumping his foot. Why not apply a similar approach with naming your rabbit?
- Binky. If you have a playful rabbit, she will dance. This is identified as binkying.
- Wiggles. This fits a rabbit that wiggles her nose a lot. It could also meet a rabbit that doesn’t like to be held.
- Diva. Your rabbit is stubborn and unlikely to succeed in anything she doesn’t want to.
- Smoochie. If you’re lucky, you’ll have a loving rabbit that smothers you with kisses.
- Snuggles. Some rabbits like to be held and hugged.
- Nibbles. Rabbits eat their food correctly and delicately.
- Dasher. If you have a pet that can’t remain still, name her accordingly.
- Nudger. If your rabbit continually touches you for attention, bring the habit into her name.
- Jitterbug. Some rabbits are shyer than others.
- Bunny. Sometimes, the most straightforward names are ideal. Several people opt for the no-nonsense name of Bunny for a female rabbit.
A moniker named after a behavior is very easy to remember. Just don’t let your pet blend her name with an instruction.
Cute Female Rabbit Names Spurred by Religion and Mythology
Religion is an essential element of many people’s lives. Even if you do not grasp a faith, you could take a tip from mythology. These are superb sources of pet name inspiration:
- Venus. This is the name of the Roman goddess of love and affection. You could also use Aphrodite, the Greek match of Venus.
- Eden. Like the biblical garden, Eden is linked with delight.
- Sherah. This is a Jewish word that means, “one of the family.”
- Ostara. This is the name of one of the Pagan goddesses. More essentially, it’s how the Anglo-Saxons spoke, “Easter,” the most rabbit-centric holiday of all.
- Shakti. In the Hindu faith, Shakti is the energy behind all divinity.
- Freya. This name is associated with the Norse goddess of love and fertility.
- Athena. This was the Greek goddess of wisdom and enlightenment.
- Shiloh. This Hebrew name means peace. It’s unisex but more popular among females.
- Neveah. This is, “heaven” spelled backward. It’s become a popular girl’s name in modern years.
- Romily. A Hebrew word that’s now a current French name. It simply means, “God’s beloved one.”
Delving deep into faith and mythology can be an excellent way to name your pet. You’ll discover a lady rabbit name with a meaning that absolutely fits her personality.
Girl Rabbit Names from Foreign Languages
One way to guarantee that your pet has a unique name is to try to look overseas. Foreign languages suggest a range of lovely names with significant meaning:
- Acacia. Greek for “noble.”
- Rayne. Popular in France and Scandinavia, this simply means “queen” or “powerful.”
- Astrid. A Scandinavian name that means “divinely attractive.”
- Saoirse. Irish for “liberty.”
- Kamaria. A popular African name meaning “moon.”
- Aiko. Japanese for “precious little one.”
- Nakita. Another Greek name, this means, “triumphant.”
- Selig. Yiddish for, “sanctified” or “happy.” You could also apply the Germanic variation, Zelda.
- Maelona. Welsh for, “eternal princess.”
- Shuchun. Chinese for “fair and innocent.”
Look into your family history and explore your heritage. This may motivate you to choose a name from a distinct language.
Rabbit Names for a Girl Inspired by Pop Culture
Several people name their pets after their favorite characters from movies or TV shows. Some cases could be:
- Khaleesi. Game of Thrones was a successful show, and your rabbit will recognize herself as a queen.
- Nala. This is the name of Simba’s wife in the movie The Lion King. Ideal for a female Lionhead rabbit.
- Flopsy. Flopsy is Peter Rabbit’s sister in Beatrix Potter’s cherished children’s stories. This is a unique name for a female lop-eared rabbit.
- Elphaba. If you adore musical theater, you’re sure to have seen and appreciated Wicked.
- Jessica. Anybody that ever watched Who Framed Roger Rabbit will surely remember Jessica Rabbit.
- Lola. Lola Bunny is a character from the cult children’s movie Space Jam, and Bugs Bunny’s sweetheart.
- Tinkerbell. The fairy from Peter Pan gives an adorable lady rabbit name.
- Moneypenny. If you’re a James Bond fan, pay tribute to his most committed female associate.
- Miffy. Miffy is the rabbit hero of a series of children’s books from the Netherlands.
- Katniss. The head from the Hunger Games character is a courageous and inspirational role model.
Pop culture-inspired rabbit names are a magnificent conversation starter. They’re also often adorable, which is a bonus.
Female Rabbit Names Inspired by Famous People
Everyone surely has a favorite singer, actor, or athlete. You could come up with a fun, punning name based on these people. Here are some examples:
- Anne Harethaway
- Fluffytailer Swift
- Oprah Winfur
- Bunoncé Knowles
- Julia Rabbits
- Jumpifer Aniston/Lopez/Lawrence
- Scarlett Johopsson
- Mileap Cyrus
- Kim Kardearsian
- Marilyn Bunroe
These names are a fun way to use a twist on a human name for your rabbit. You can apply this human name in training. The entire name can just be for your amusement.
Names for Female Rabbits Based on Appearance
One of the simplest ways to look for inspiration for a rabbit name is just to look at your rabbit. Her fur color, in particular, will present lots of ideas:
- Oreo. If your rabbit has black and white markings, she may hint you of an Oreo cookie.
- Ginger. Some rabbits have orange fur, comparable to a tabby cat. This name also fits a binky bunny. Claim that she’s nicknamed after Ginger Rogers.
- Snowball. This is a timeless name for a white female bunny.
- Marshmallow. This is another excellent name for a white female rabbit. It’s very effective for bigger, cuddly rabbits.
- Ebony. Name a black female rabbit after this deep, brunette shade or rabbits with deep brown fur.
- Coco (or Cocoa). Rabbits with dark brown fur will remind you of chocolate.
- Fluffy. Several people are surprised at how fine and fluffy rabbit fur is.
- Pebbles. The name Pebbles is not just for the character from the Flintstones. This name also works for rabbits with gray or flecked, spotty fur,
- Harley. This is a simple name for any rabbit with harlequin-style fur trim.
- Whiskers. Most rabbits have unique whiskers. You could name your pet after this trait.
Sometimes rabbit fur changes color, so these names may end up complicated.
Female Rabbit Names Inspired by Nature
The world outside your window extends many excellent ideas for rabbit names. Domesticated pets may not run free, but they still enjoy nature. Here are some of your choices:
- Bluebell. These flowers signify everlasting love, which you’ll feel for your rabbit.
- Clover. The clover is a symbol of good luck, as is the rabbit’s foot.
- Lavender. Lavender signifies grace, femininity, and regal nature.
- Rosebud. Rosebuds signify innocence, youth, beauty, and unconditional love.
- Blossom. These blooms symbolize a dominant female, in control of the men in her life.
- Primrose. As well as being a lovely name, Primroses represent motherhood.
- Snowflake. All snowflakes are unique and beautiful.
- Amaryllis. The Amaryllis is representative of a strong-willed and strikingly lovely female.
- Violet. These beautiful flowers symbolize wisdom.
- Petunia. This flower signifies a welcome presence in your life because you find its presence to be soothing.
Names based on nature also have the comfort of being pretty. It’s difficult to find any flower name that does not suit a female rabbit.
Pair of Female Rabbit Names
If you keep a pair of rabbits, they’ll require distinctive names. Thinking of two names is twice as difficult as one. Here is some thought:
- Thelma and Louise. Is there a more iconic duo of female names?
- Bambi and Thumper. Thumper was male in the movie, but this name also works for female rabbits.
- Ebony and Ivory. If you own one black rabbit and one white rabbit.
- Salt and Pepper. Rabbits of contrasting color markings will lend themselves to this pairing.
- Betty and Veronica. These best friends will be instantly well-known to readers of Archie Comics.
- Kim, Kourtney, and Khloe. If you like to keep up with the Kardashians, choose any two names from this family.
- Fortune and Cookie. Why not break up a two-word term into two separate nicknames?
- Sugar and Spice. Besides all things nice, this is what little girl rabbits are made of.
- Venus and Serena. The Williams siblings have dominated tennis for years. Your rabbits will form a bond that’s every bit as close as siblings.
- Summer and Winter. You have two rabbits with different looks or personalities.
Remember, if you have two rabbits, their names must sound distinctive. Rhyming names are cute but it will also produce some confusion.
Cute and Silly Girl Rabbit Names
You can improve a traditional rabbit name by attaching a prefix or a suffix. This suggests that you can create a nonsensical, but fun name for your rabbit. Some examples could be:
- Princess Sparkletoes
- Lady Jemimah Lovestosnuggle
- Little Miss Wigglenose
- Madam Fluffytail
- Dame Diana Dimples
- Harriet Hoppington, The Duchess of Jumpsbury
- Mary McSnuffles
- Mistress Fifi Nibblesworth
- Thumping Theodora Fuzzytail
- Clara Carrotmuncher
You will be required to use this name in front of other people. Ensure that you’re comfy doing so. You may also need to use a nickname to get your pet’s attention.
How to Teach a Rabbit Her Name
Once you finally decide on a name for your rabbit, the fun can start. Teaching your rabbit her name demands repetitive training:
- Play with or brush your rabbit.
- While she’s occupied, use her name.
- Give her a small treat.
- Let your rabbit return to her leisure.
Repeat these actions a handful of times and your rabbit will soon react to her name. You need to make it a cause of pleasure. A rabbit only answers to humans if it’s worth her while.
Fun Facts About Female Rabbits
How much do you know about rabbits?
Female rabbits are termed does, whereas males are called bucks. Meanwhile, baby rabbits are termed kittens.
Rabbits are crepuscular, which implies they are most active during dusk and dawn. Healthy domestic rabbits can last longer than 10 years. This is why it’s necessary to keep your future bunny in a clean environment and feed her a healthy diet.
It is believed that only 15% of wild rabbits endure their first year of life. Luckily, rabbits breed three to four times a year, producing litters of between three and eight babies. This helps guarantee their survival.
Deciding a name for a pet bunny is difficult, especially if there are various opinions involved. Some people prefer to wait a couple of days to get to know their rabbit’s nature a little better before deciding. Others have a name planned before they even take their bunny home.
Whichever camp you’re in, there are no rules when it comes to choosing a name.
Naming your pet is more an act of bonding, as providing something with a name means it is relevant to you. Naming a bunny can also be helpful in connection because, believe it or not, bunnies can learn their names much like when you teach them simple tricks.
Want your rabbit to be happy and healthy?